August 21, 2020
Domestic Water System Safety Plan for Reoccupying Buildings
At Continuum, keeping our clients and employees healthy and safe is our top priority. Check out our Domestic Water System Safety Plan for Reoccupying Buildings.
- Follow all appropriate regulations and policies for worker safety and health.
Review of the Building
- A full review of your building is completed – from how hot water moves throughout the building and from the street, to each point of contact.
Inspect and Maintain
- A visual inspection of the plumbing system is completed to ensure there are no leaks, pressure problems, etc.
- Maintain any water treatment systems (e.g., filters and water-softeners) following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Verification is completed to make sure domestic hot water delivery temperature is at 120°F at distal points in the system for each floor.
- Verification is completed to make sure any hot water storage tanks temperatures are between 130 – 140°F.
- Verification is completed to make sure hot water re-circulation and domestic water booster pumps are operational.
- Flush all common area points of use locations once weekly.
- Flush the cold water side of the system first, followed by the hot water side for a period of 3 minutes each.
- Flush all faucet, sink, hose hookups, urinal and toilet lines in all occupied
At Continuum, we continuously strive to maintain the highest standards in Safety, quality and timeliness, while remaining nimble enough to respond to each client’s unique needs.
Give us a call to learn more 248-286-5200.