A Business Developer will be driven, focused and considered a hunter of new business opportunities for exterior services (commercial lawn, landscape and snow removal). The Business developer will promote growth in specific target markets. Develop leads and opportunities with new and existing relationships to generate new business. Operate within a team focused environment to accomplish sales goals.
• Qualifying opportunities with key decision makers
• Prospecting and opening doors
• Develop leads and opportunities with new and existing relationships
• Actively selling to different market segments (HOA, Healthcare, Retail, Corp. Campus, etc.)
• Can build and present compelling proposals to potential new clients
• Resilient and persistent in closing deals
1. Support Sales Team as assigned to the below responsibilities to meet or exceed combined annual sales goals.
2. Maintaining and improving current client relationships with proactive communications and world class customer service.
3. Cold calling by phone or in person to achieve weekly, monthly, and annual activity objectives for appointments and developing qualified opportunities.
4. Lead generation, identifying and properly qualifying business opportunities.
5. Presenting to executive levels of organizations and preparing formal proposals and presentations.
6. Leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision making process and overcoming objections to closure.
7. Responding to formal RFQ and RFP’s.
8. Building and maintaining positive, meaningful relationships that result into long term sustainable business.
9. Complete monthly, quarterly and annual sales & opportunity reports to forecast sales and revenue.
10. Assist in the creation, implementation and distribution of corporate marketing programs/campaigns and collateral materials.
11. Maintain a strong knowledge of Exterior services offerings, new technologies and emerging trends.
12. Conduct market research and evaluation. Know and understand the competition, their strengths and weaknesses.
13. Join and actively participate in professional business organizations and industry specific associations such as BOMA, IFMA, IREM, ASHE, etc. as directed by the Sales Leader.
14. Actively participate in business networking events, trade shows and give presentations.
15. Entertain clients and prospects during and after normal business hours with meals, sporting events, concerts, etc.
16. Implementation and continuous improvement of the sales procedures & process for proposals and estimating.
17. Works closely with the Exterior Services Director and Estimators in providing solutions and proposals to the client.
Shared responsibility for growing the business with sales and new business development in a positive and profitable manner and in conjunction with the company’s goals and objectives.
1. High school graduate and 4 year collage degree or a minimum of 2 years in specialized sales training.
2. Minimum of 3 years experience in professional sales and new business development preferably within a service related industry.
3. Proven sales experience, ability to generate new business and documented success with formal sales training and certifications.
4. Ability to sell and win business in a competitive environment with acceptable margins.
5. Prior experience with incentive based compensation such as sales commissions, etc.
6. Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and related software, including; MS word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
7. Excellent customer service, relationship and communication skills.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
9. Ability to interact with co-workers, staff, tenants, contractors, and the general public in a professional and positive manager.
10. Must possess current Michigan driver’s license and maintain satisfactory driving record.
11. Must submit to and successfully pass background checks including drug, credit and criminal history.
12. Will be required to sign a non-disclosure / non-compete agreement.