Job Function: Under indirect supervision leads and participates in the installation and/or modification of mechanical equipment. Systems include but are not limited to HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates and leads a crew of multiple installers on commercial HVAC projects.
- Acts as onsite liaison to owner or general contractor requests.
- Take the lead in identifying installation issues and providing solutions to projects, including costs associated with such, including detailed estimates of labor and materials.
- Identify and makes recommendations for installations to increase efficiency, productivity, and performance of installers.
- Assist team members as well as work independently in the installation and retrofitting of mechanical equipment. Must be proficient at installing HVAC equipment, plumbing, including ductwork and electrical equipment at various locations as assigned and as dispatched.
- May assist and/or perform inspections and conduct periodic general preventive maintenance the building mechanical and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning and periodic testing of building systems and equipment including but not limited to; chillers, pumps, air handling units, VAV boxes, variable frequency drives, water heaters and air compressors, etc.
- Support job/project management by logging material usage and completing daily/weekly work logs for crew.
- Lead job safety meetings and review with crew, including logging of safety related incidents and near-misses, identification of unique job hazards (including MSDS sheets), and compliance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with mechanical engineers/project managers/general contractors to provide the best solutions for mechanical installations and/or renovations.
- Create and maintain daily job schedules with installers.
- Attend all onsite meetings with the client and participate in the discussions.
- Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner. Ensure all installers do the same.
- Identify and procure miscellaneous materials as required for projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Respond immediately, and lead team in response to emergency situations including fire, evacuations and equipment failure.
- Coordinate and follow up with customer regarding installation issues, change orders, or scheduled shut down of equipment.
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Available for after hours scheduled installations and for emergency maintenance and repair functions as necessary.
- Ensure installations & repairs are in compliance with all applicable local, state & federal codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations.
- Ensure jobs are completed on time and within budget, and communicate variations from budget or schedule immediately to supervisor.
- Maintain, operate, and secure a company issued vehicle in accordance with company rules.
- Assists Technical Service Manager with inventory of installation tools and equipment.
Job Requirements/Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prefer to have minimum of 4-5 years of experience in the installation of commercial HVAC equipment including but not limited to packaged rooftop equipment, split systems, air handlers, condensers, pumps, boilers, fans, VFD’s etc.
- Must be willing and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills a plus.
- This position requires prior commercial experience as an installer and managing crews for HVAC and the ability to work efficiently and solve technical installation problems, including but not limited to installation of ; HVAC equipment (chilled water, DX, hot water,) packaged rooftop equipment (RTU’s), split systems, air handlers, condensers, pumps, fans, VFD’s etc.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and or handheld communication device.
- Possess competent knowledge on the methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and specs. and schematics to aid in troubleshooting analysis.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification & R-410A certification beneficial but not required.
- Experience with pneumatic & DDC controls, and computerized building automation system controls is a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- 10 hour OSHA Certification desired , other documented proof of safety training is acceptable
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Physical requirements include climbing, stooping, and frequently lifting 50 pounds or more. Ability to safely install and operate rigging and lifting devices.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Include “Lead Installer” in the subject line.