||Technical Services Manager
Business Development Manager Position Summary
The Business Development Manager drives new business and maintains existing relationships within the HVAC Services Department. Making a direct impact to Continuum Service’s growth, the Business Development Manager will develop a strong book of business in the HVAC and Plumbing services space. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized, persistent, and comfortable in front of a variety of leadership levels.
Required Experience for Business Development Manager:
- High school graduate and bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years in specialized sales training.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in professional sales and new business development, preferably within a service related industry such as Facility or Building Maintenance Services, to large commercial / corporate facilities, with sophisticated building operations, and maintenance.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and related software, including; MS word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
- Experience with Client Relationship Management platforms, Salesforce preferred
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems or Software systems is desired.
- Excellent customer service, relationship and communication skills.
- May need to climb ladders, work and tour hazardous environments such as mechanical or boiler rooms and walk on high rise rooftops.
- Must possess current Michigan driver’s license and maintain satisfactory driving record.
- Must submit to and successfully pass background checks including drug, credit and criminal history.
- Will be required to sign a non-disclosure / non-compete agreement.
Primary Responsibilities for Business Development Manager:
- Cold calling by phone or in person to achieve weekly, monthly, and annual activity objectives for appointments and developing qualified opportunities.
- Lead generation, identifying and properly qualifying business opportunities.
- Presenting to all levels of clients’ organizations.
- Leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision making process and overcoming objections to closure.
- Building and maintaining positive, meaningful relationships that result into long term sustainable business.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual sales pipeline/forecasts
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and distribution of corporate marketing programs/campaigns and collateral materials.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of facility service offerings, new technologies, and emerging trends.
- Conduct market research and evaluation. Know and understand the competition, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Join and actively participate in professional business organizations and industry specific associations such as BOMA, IFMA, IREM, ASHRAE, etc.
- Actively participate in business networking events, trade shows, and give presentations.
Continuum Services is a single-source provider with proven expertise, dependability, and scalability in four key areas: facility operations, exterior services, technical services, and environment services. Headquartered in a newly renovated office in Farmington Hills, Continuum is the go-to full-service solution for interior and exterior facility operations, maintenance, and repair. Facilities serviced by CONTINUUM have earned such prestigious accolades as the ENERGY STAR® for superior energy performance, BOMA’s Office Building of the Year® (TOBY) Award and CEL’s National Real Estate “A” List Award for Service Excellence. Helping employees develop and become highly skilled professionals who deliver best in class solutions to our clients is what we’re all about – join us today!