The Accounts Payable Coordinator is a critical representative of Continuum Services to our vendor partners and suppliers. Reporting to the VP of Procurement, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for providing Accounts Payable invoice processing, general ledger reconciliation, budget analysis, and other accounting and administrative services. A successful Accounts Payable Coordinator will be providing these services in an effective and efficient manner which will ensure that the monthly financial statements are accurate and up to date, and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Job Requirements/Qualifications of the Accounts Payable Coordinator:
- Candidate must have completed some college courses in Accounting. An Associate’s Degree or related certifications are preferred.
- 1 year of Accounts Payable experience and/or 2-3 years of General Ledger and Job Cost experience is required. Financial reporting experience is a plus.
- Experience working in the following industries are a plus: Facility Services, HVAC, Plumbing, Landscape, and/or snow removal operations.
- Experience with construction accounting, sworn statements, and lien waivers a plus.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, be detail oriented and apply sound business judgment.
- Experience with MS Office software required; Sage 300 (Sage Timberline) and AvidXchange is a plus.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, customers, vendors, and Property Managers.
Essential Functions of the Accounts Payable Coordinator:
- Processes vendor invoices using our web based, accounts payable processing system, AvidXchange.
- Charges expenses to general ledger accounts, jobs and departments by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Calculates accrued expenses and other monthly financial statement supporting schedules.
- Reconcile credit card statements with receipts, and process in AvidXchange.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; and resolving invoice and purchase order discrepancies.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions, and documenting in workpapers.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Prepare Sworn Statements and Lien Waivers in accordance with typical construction guidelines.
- Assist staff with Purchase Order generation and assist in matching to invoices and work orders. Provide research for Accounts Payable invoice processing and assist in coding transactions as necessary.
- Perform Vendor analysis, invoice research, journal entries, and general ledger reconciliations to assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements, and other financial reports, as directed.
- Assist with variety of general projects and provide support to accounting and administrative staff.
- Document management, scanning, filing, and general organization of department work load.
- Provide support to managers and supervisors through supplying informational reports, as directed.
- Assist management with job costing and profitability projects under direct supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret forms, signs and product instructions. Ability to speak clearly and interpret verbal communication.
- Ability to stand, talk, bend, stretch, pull or push and lift items.
- Ability with vision to use close vision, depth perception, and to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while working at the computer.